Hi Osamu!

* Osamu Aoki <os...@debian.org>, 2015-09-05, 23:13:
Let me propose a new generic mangle rule: qx/script/

This mangles by feeding the target $string into the STDIN of script in the debian directory and reading its STDOUT back into the target $string.

I'm afraid this is no-no.

Please (and services like mentors.debian.net) run "uscan --report-status" on untrusted source packages. This change would introduce arbitrary code execution vulnerability.

I just made a proof of concept code snippet which changes the start of uscan safe_replace($$) as follows:

Heh, the whole point of safe_replace() is to defuse Perl regexes, which normally let you execute arbitrary code.

--
Jakub Wilk