More questions that I figure many more might will ask, so I'll respond to DFC-L

At 01:46 PM 10/21/2005, you wrote:
Hi Dean,

1.  Do you recommend taking peso's?  Are credit cards widely accepted?  Cashier checks?

You can easily buy pesos once in CC (though the lines at the bank can be pretty long) or just across the border if you want. Dollars will be readily accepted at most places along the highway. Credit cards can be used in relatively few places, but the bigger hotels (at least Marielena and Plaza in CC) will take them, as might the large gas stations near the border. Cashiers checks can be a real pain. The best bet is to use ATMs. There are two now in Cuatro CiƩnegas and many along the way. Most US ATM cards (or any other card that works in ATMs in this country) seem to work just fine. You can take cash (dollars) and change them just across the border. If you cross the border via bridge 2 in Piedras Negras (as will most going from Austin and San Antonio if following driving instructions that I put on the web), there's a money change booth a few block south of the bridge on the right.

2.  I'm planning on taking my snorkel and mask.  Will we need a shorty wetsuit?

A wet suit will allow you to explore some cooler habitats you probably wouldn't otherwise want to. If you have one, I'd say bring it for sure. Otherwise, there will be at least one or two warm springs people will be able to explore without such additional equipment.

Dean
--
Dean A. Hendrickson, Ph.D.
Curator of Ichthyology, University of Texas, Texas Memorial Museum, Texas Natural History Collections, PRC 176 / R4000, 10100 Burnet Road, Austin, TX 78758-4445 U.S.A. Phone 512 471-9774; FAX 512 471-9775; http://www.utexas.edu/tmm/tnhc

Section of Integrative Biology (office PAT 525), 1 University Station #C0930, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas 78712  USA. Phone 512 232-5502;
http://www.biosci.utexas.edu/IB

E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; https://webspace.utexas.edu/deanhend/www/