2009/4/7 Lars Helge Øverland <larshe...@gmail.com>:

> 2009/4/7 Lars Helge Øverland <larshe...@gmail.com>

>>> After a bunch of sql syntax fixes the import process now runs on Derby.
>>>
>>> Still, things seem to be quite slow, approximately 5 times slower than
>>> Postgres, 7 times slower than H2. Also, sometimes the import process leads
>>> to heap space out of memory error and stack overflow error.
>>>
>>> Is there any way to increase memory for derby during runtime, or
>>> otherwise improve performance?
>>>

> Managed to overcome the datamart problem with H2 embedded, which now works
> smooth and almost twice as fast as Postgres.
>
> Another thing I came to think of, how do we deal with the BIRT runtime
> webapp in regard to the lite package?
>
> Put it in there somehow? Skip it? Find a more elegant way to integrate it
> with the DHIS 2 WAR file?

I had wondered about this.  I have seen the link with DHIS2_HOME but
I'm afraid I haven't approached looking at the BIRT webapp at all yet.
 I am sure we don't want to skip it so we must find a way.

I also see OPENHEALTH_HOME popping up here and there.

Linking with the parallel conversation regarding running 11 webapps on
one tomcat I am drawn increasingly more to the use of context
parameters.  System properties are perhaps a step up from environment
variables, but they are still inherently global in nature wrt the jvm
instance.

Great news on the progress with H2.  Its looking like a winner.

On the derby front do you think we should create a temporary branch
off the trunk for playing with this and also perhaps the context
parameters?  When we're happy we can merge it back in to trunk.

Regards
Bob