IMHO, DHIS2 is not well suited for survey data. It depends on the nature of
the survey really, but remember that you must know the nature of the
organisational hierarchy (or beneficiaries in this case) before hand. Most
surveys also have some type of skip-logic/validation which DHIS2 does not
have at the moment.

We considered using DHIS2 here in Zambia for a survey, but it sort of felt
like trying to squeeze a square peg in a round hole. We ended up using PDAs
for the primary data collection, which was then processed and cleaned in
statistical software, and eventually, the aggregate data was transformed
and imported into DHIS2.

You may want to consider giving http://limesurvey.org/ a try. It is a very
powerful tool, and has many more features which are suited to surveys than
DHIS2.

For paper based surveys, CSPro is a good choice.

There are lots of PDA based mobile data collection tools as well.

At the end of the day, it really depends on the nature of the survey. If
you have a known orgunit hierarchy (or I guess in this case, a list of
beneficiaries) it might work for your purposes, and their are obvious
advantages to having the data directly in DHIS2, but you may want to
consider other software (such as LimeSurvey, CSPro) for primary data
collection, followed by statistical analysis and cleaning, and finally,
export into the aggregate system.

Just my two cents.

Jason