On 19 February 2012 20:39, Bob Jolliffe <bobjolli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In general its best to do this in increments if possible - upgarding
> from 2.3 to 2.7 might well cause a few problems.  But if you have a
> 2.6 database, running the 2.7 war against it should take care of the
> necessary updates.  As always, take a backup first :-)

Lars tells me this is not necessarily true and I think he is right.
All of the 'legacy' sql upgrade stuff should be present in the
dhis.war to upgrade from previous versions so you should indeed be
able to upgrade from 2.x to 2.7 by just deploying the latest war.  And
given you will have taken a db backup first there is no real risk in
trying anyway.