I am not really sure why this would be needed. Could you explain more why
you need this?

The period formats are well documented (
https://www.dhis2.org/doc/snapshot/en/developer/html/ch01s04.html), so
there is no need to have them stored by the server. The client can simply
create the periods as they need them. If they already exist, nothing will
happen, otherwise, they will by dynamically created when data is imported.

Regards,
Jason