I have not had a chance to review the changes since last week (been
travelling) but it is good to see so much new material being added to the
documentation. Just wanted to pipe up and say that the manual which I saw
last week, I placed in the implementors guide because I did not feel it was
appropriate material for end-users. I am not even sure it is appropriate for
the user manual, but this is really more a definition of who the user
actually is. In this case, the iReport material was quite technical ( I
felt) and was not really appropriate for the types of users who I deal with.
As Jens says, I have not dealt with a user who knows how to use iReport or
that would be comfortable designing reports with iReport (I myself am not
comfortable using iReport and prefer BIRT, but this is another issue).

The important point to remember here however, is the modular nature of the
documentation can allow us to put this wherever it may be appropriate for
the actual use case.

Regards,
Jason