This is not so much a bug as a blueprint I think. The system does not
behave necessarily as the user would expect, but it has been
documented quite some time ago here

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/dhis2/+spec/generate-resource-tables-on-startup

Certainly, the message could be handled a bit better however.

Regards,
Jason