This discussion can be of interest to DHIS2 administrators as well.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: James Arbaugh <jarba...@hashaiti.org>
Date: Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Subject: RE: Improving Tomcat memory parameters
To: implement...@openmrs.org

Hi Ellen,****

** **

We ran into those painful problems in the past too.  One thing we did was
added a crontab job to restart tomcat automatically during the night twice
a week as “preventative” maintenance.****

** **

FYI: our production server (with 46GB physical memory) runs stable with the
following tomcat configuration…****

CATALINA_OPTS="-Xms10240m -XX:PermSize=6144m -XX:MaxPermSize=6144m
-XX:NewSize=4096m"****

** **

Thanks,****

James****