Hi Bram

Interesting point about the red-yellow-green combo.  These are the traffic
light colours which are apparently sufficiently ubiquitous that you can say
red=bad and green=good without even explaining further.  If snooker was as
well known as traffic lights we could do a whole range from red through to
pink :-)

But in general, using hues as per Knut's colour brewer link is going to be
the best bet for most cases of numeric data.  You can even print to black
and white printers and maintain the message.

Good point about "equal counts".  I actually did do that but somehow it
rendered different on the dashboard.

Bob