From: Laura E. Lincks
Sent: Tuesday, 3 June 2014 20:23
To: DHIS Users
Subject: [Dhis2-users] Importing Organization Units from another system

Hello,

We are trying to import organizational unit data from another system into an instance of DHIS 2.15.

To create the import XML file, I mimicked the Meta-Data XML Export file for exporting only Organizational Units. I stripped that file down to just one simple org unit (at Level 2, Province) and revised it to reflect new test data for a new test org unit.

I have all pertinent data in the XML file (including complete parent data) except for the internally generated "id" for this new org unit -- so I tried a couple of things: a) I made an id up, and b) I tried to import without "id". The Meta-Data import does not import the test data in either scenario. I get no error message but in querying the data on the backend this test org unit does not exist in the database.

Any help would be appreciated. TIA.

--

Laura E. Lincks
Database Developer