Hi Lavi,

In DHIS2, indicator is always treated as formula or we can say like
mathematical expression.
If you treat Indicator as a mathematical formula that obvious implies that
it should have some denominator & nominator. If you treat Indicator as a
mathematical expression, than that implies
it should have some mathematical operands & mathematical operators. However
Data Element
plays role of mathematical operands that are variable in nature in
Indicator, since their values are measured with multiple time frame for
multiple org unit, means it depends upon two other dimensions of frame of
reference.

It is certain and fissionable to make Indicator expressions, where we can
keep data element
that should measure number of multiple datasets assigned to an org unit and
number of multiple
org units assigned to a dataset, for that we would centrally have to create
data element that should keep total number of data sets available in
application in present time frame & total number of available org units
assigned with the specific data set, both these data elements can be used
in calculating value of indicator that could measured periodically.

Brajesh

On Sun, Aug 3, 2014 at 6:38 PM, Lavi Shpigelman <shp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
> Is there a way of treating the assignment of a dataset to an org unit as
> an indicator?
> Thinking of datasets assignments as indications that some class of
> services is given in a specific org-unit, It would be useful to visualize
> them so as to better understand the availability of those services.
>
> If there isn't a built-in way, a possible workaround would be to generate
> one boolean data element per dataset and set it's datavalue to true for
> those org-units that are assigned the corosponding dataset at a specific
> period. This would also serve as a way of tracking the history of dataset
> assignments.
>
> Comments welcome.
>
> Lavi

Regards
Brajesh Murari
Phone: (+91)-96-43-208375(O)
       (+91)-99-53-787977(P)
 P please consider the environment before printing this email