Yes Jason, its possible. The Guy is looking either to encrypt
hibernate.property file
using some encryption technique and make it protected from UNauthenticated
access,
However this can be done with some efforts by developers. But Mr. Guy,
question should
be not like it can be done or not, perhaps should be, does it makes some
generic sense !

1. This can works by providing some selective option in DHIS2-Live UI from
where
superuser can perform selective action for accessing global variable
contents either
available in hibernate.property file or from other source stored somewhere
else where
application should read during application start-up routine execution.

2. This can be fixed with some hard coding approach, but this should not be
like generic approach.

3. Look hibernate.property file is playing role like an interface from
where deployed tomcat DHIS2-Live
application searches its specific meta data info either it could be
available in flat file system or in attached
database whatever it could be MySQL, DB2, H2 or PostGRES etc.

This issue has been raised many times on list and discussions in past, but
still open and suppressed
every time on list. I am sure the first approach is practical however
should not be used in general use case.

Regards
BM