Hi David,

that sounds correct. Unfortunately for 2.20 and 2.21 we changed some values
into enums (predefined values in the data model) so 2.18 exports might not
be compatible with 2.20 / 2.21.

One solution is to upgrade the target system before making the system to
match the version of the destination system.

regards,

Lars

On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 5:36 AM, David Hagan <david.ha...@sagehagan.com>
wrote:

> Hi there …
>
> My first posting I believe …
> I suppose it should go over into the Developers List as well… but here’s a
> heads-up in case you try the following:
>
> *Scenario*
>
>    - We were taking metadata definitions for data elements (XML format)
>    from and instance of DHIS2 on version 2.18 to an instance on 2.20
>    - Imports were failing with Error 500: Internal Server Error
>
> *Reason*
>
>    - Version 2.18 exports have an attribute dataDimensionType, that when
>    set to disaggregation, as in
>    <dataDimensionType>disaggregation</dataDimensionType>, is not compatible
>    with the XML import parser for version 2.20
>    - Version 2.20 exports and only imports the value in ALL CAPS … as
>    in <dataDimensionType>DISAGGREGATION</dataDimensionType>
>
> I haven’t had time to dig down further to see if this case-sensitivity
> issue is global, just for this attribute or valid for other versions (e.g.
> 2.21). Work-around obviously was to do a search/replace and capitalise the
> value before import.
>
> Cheers
>

> David Hagan
> Skype: david.j.hagan