Apologies, the problem is that my meta-data JSON export from 2.19 can not
be imported to 2.24. I installed the jsonlint npm package and can now
validate on the command line.  The JSON file is ok. However, there is an
error in the tomcat logs which indicate that Enum instance names is
expecting capitalised string values. e.g.

* ERROR 2016-07-30 10:58:33,392
com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.exc.InvalidFormatException: Can not
construct instance of org.hisp.dhis.validation.RuleType from String value
'validation': value not one of declared Enum instance names: [VALIDATION,
SURVEILLANCE]

Any faster way round this? It appears when I replace the offending string
value with the capitalised version, it proceeds to the next and there are
just too many to replace.