If you click the *name* of an organisation unit in the tree on the left
(not the check box next to the name), this should set that organisation
unit as the current "context" for the group selection boxes on the right.
The controls on the right should then be enabled, and any operation you do
will apply to all organisation units within the one that's set as the
current context.

It's easy to see how this functionality is not obvious though, so we'll try
to improve the interface a bit.

Nicolay Ramm
Front end developer, DHIS 2
University of Oslo