Dear All

We have collected animal vaccination data (including GPS coordinates, time,
date, species etc.) in a custom developed program and have a CSV output for
this program. We are looking to try to import the data from the
custom-built programme into our DHIS2 instance via Event import. I have
gotten the import to work on Event export files that I have edited with new
animal data (e.g. by changing the species) and this works, as it simply
updates the old event (based on the event ID). However, we would like to
import these data as new events as opposed to simply replacing existing
events currently on the system.

Therefore, I would like to please find out as to whether it is possible to
do one of the following:

1) Do an event import without an Event ID (i.e. register a new event on the
DHIS2 instance via Event import)
    - I have looked through the documentation but am unable to find out
whether            this is possible
    - In the Developer Docs, it seems to mention that import using XML does
not            require an Event ID, but I have not managed to determine
whether I am                  misinterpreting this or whether I simply do
not know how to do it.

2) Generate our own Event IDs in our custom-built programme that will be
recognised by the DHIS2 instance.
    - Is there some way by which the Event IDs could be automatically
generated          outside of the DHIS2 instance (in our programme) so that
new events can be          imported into the instance?

Please let me know if you need any further clarification. I would really
appreciate any help that you could provide!

Kind regards,
Terence

Terence Scott

Global Alliance for Rabies Control (GARC)
Pan-African Rabies Control Network (PARACON) Steering Committee
terence.sc...@rabiesalliance.org
https://paracon.rabiesalliance.org
Skype: tpscott1987