> There is zoom factor and there is scale.  Zoom factor brings you closer to
> your work without affecting how the rulers look relative to the page breaks
> and grid (and your Dia).  Scaling (on the Page Setup dialog with the
> margins). Changes the page behind the graphics and the ruler.

OK, cool.  I'm using a 200% magnify in the preferences dialog, but leaving the
scaling at 100% in the Page Setup dialog.

So, it looks like what I'm seeing isn't directly with the page break display
after all.  The problem occurs if you change the length unit to Millimeter in
the preferences dialog, then you get the bogus margin display in the Page Setup
dialog.

It would be very nice to have a place to set margins permanently in the Diagram
Defaults.  (I always use .75" on the long side to make room for binder holes
and .5" on the other three sides.)

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Doug