I don't know if it would help but... I tried to install dia using macports
and got this message:

sudo port install dia
--->  Computing dependencies for p5-xml-parser
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for p5-xml-parser
Error: Checksum (md5) mismatch for XML-Parser-2.40.tar.gz
Error: Checksum (sha1) mismatch for XML-Parser-2.40.tar.gz
Error: Checksum (rmd160) mismatch for XML-Parser-2.40.tar.gz
***
The non-matching file appears to be HTML. See this page for possible reasons
for the checksum mismatch:
<http://trac.macports.org/wiki/MisbehavingServers>
***
Error: Target org.macports.checksum returned: Unable to verify file
checksums
Log for p5-xml-parser is at:
/opt/local/var/macports/logs/_private_var_macports_sources_svn.macports.org_trunk_dports_perl_p5-xml-parser/main.log
Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1
Error: Unable to execute port: upgrade intltool failed
To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>

The problem is a dependencies...
=(

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 3:10 PM, Steffen Macke <d...@diagramr.biz> wrote:

> Hello Kazuhiko,
>
> sorry to hear about your problem. Your report is quite comprehensive -
> thanks
> for taking the time to write down all this information.
>
>   I installed Dia 0.97.1 for Mac OSX using downloaded installation package.
>>

> I assume that you've downloaded the DMG from
>
> http://dia-installer.de/download/macosx.html
>
> When you say "installed" - something might go wrong in the installation
> phase.
> Please also try to run Dia directly from the installation package.
>
>   When I try to start Dia, the icon of Dia appears in Dock, swings few
>>  times and disappears. And nothing happens after that.
>>

> Usually the "Console" gives helpful information in these cases.
> Applications ->  Utilities ->  Console.
> In case you're familiar with Terminals, you may also want to open a
> terminal and try to start
> Dia.app/Contents/Resources/bin/dia
>
>   Could you give me some advice?
>>

> Two ideas:
>
> * In case you're operating your Mac in Japanese (or any other non-English
> locale),
> could you try to temporarily switch the locale to English?
>
> * Mixup with GIMP/other libraries
>  - Please make sure that you close all programs that use X11/GTK before
> trying to run Dia.
>  - As mentioned before, try to run Dia directly from the DMG
>  - If possible, temporarily move your GIMP/GTK+ libraries to a different
> location (Don't
>    do this unless you know exactly what you're doing and how to leave your
> system libraries alone!)
>  - Try to install both GIMP and Dia using MacPorts
>
> Regards,
>
> Steffen

Atenciosamente,
Alexandre K. Seki