Dear Hans,

Thank you for you explination.

I also had a problem with the "relative" path in dia.
certain images had a static path as source, and thus gave errors on my
colleagues PC. even when the images where in the "image" directory.

This was fixed when I changes the path of the image and then clicking on the
"apply" button before on the "ok" button in the image propertie dialogue
box.

When I find time to reproduce this, I will send a report to the mailing
list.

Again thank you very much for the quick answer,

Regards

Edzo

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 9:15 PM, Hans Breuer <h...@breuer.org> wrote:

> At 08.06.2011 11:59, Edzo A. Botjes wrote:
> [...]
>
>  After some googling I found the reason.. DIA does not store default the
>> image into the dia file.
>> There are two workaround on the web and the one on (
>> http://osdir.com/ml/dia-list/2010-10/msg00020.html) works,
>>
>>  For released versions the only way.
>

>  But the inline option that is described on
>> http://dia-installer.de/doc/en/basic-objects-chapter.html the following
>> is
>> stated:
>> "Images can be stored embedded in the diagram ("inline data"). You should
>> handle this option with care, because embedding images increases not only
>> the files size, but also the load and save times for the diagram."
>>
>>  Yes, the current development version has this extra option. The version
> history in http://dia-installer.de/doc/en/index.html shows that an
> unreleased is documented. (Probably the website should instead show the
> documentation generted from the 0-97 branch.
>

>  Question:
>> Where is this option :) I can not find it in the windows version (0.97.1),
>> but perhaps I am looking in the wrong place.
>>
>>  ATM you would have to compile the development version yourself.
>
> HTH,
>        Hans
>
> -------- Hans "at" Breuer "dot" Org -----------
> Tell me what you need, and I'll tell you how to
> get along without it.                -- Dilbert

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the
credit." - Harry S Truman
mail: e.a.bot...@gmail.com
- url: http://unamatrix.xs4all.nl
- msn: unamatrix_of_the_b...@hotmail.com