Hello Andrey,

thank you very much for your help.

I've managed to import the "Test sheet" you provided me and can see it
in Dia. Unfortunately I have never created SVG files so I can barely
imagine how to proceed.

1. Do I use Dia itself to create the shape I need or an external program
(like Inkscape which is, as far as I understood, for creating vectorized
pictures)?

2. You told me to create "shapes" and "sheets" directories in ~/.dia/
directory: Where are the other shapes coming with Dia and why do I have
to place my own shapes here?

3. Related to your provided template: What is the "relation" between
~/.dia/sheets/Test.sheet and ~/.dia/shapes/Test/test.shape (how do the
files work together)?
The only file I understand is ~/.dia/shapes/Test/test.png which shows
your template.

Sorry for all these questions but this is my first time using free
software for a more complex task at my university.

Best regards
Sunah