On Tue, 2020-10-20 at 20:04 -0400, Ron Wilson via dia-list wrote:
> Adding a special header is not an option for most people. A topic specific
> email address is something everyone can use.
>
> I have seen systems that accept a prefix or suffix to the user part of the
> address for purposes of "sorting" incoming email into "sub folders" of the
> user's mail box. The same idea could be adapted for tagging messages to
> entered into Discourse (or other forum software).

I believe the suggestion here was literally starting an email with

Tagged: This, That, Whatever

My message here

Rather than messing around with message headers (as you say that would be quite
inaccessible) though I must admit something like
applications+...@discourse.gnome.org (vs the regular untagged
applicati...@discourse.gnome.org) makes more sense to me

Of course this is something to mention/discuss upstream with Discourse

Zander