On Tue, 18 May 1999, Dan Cohn wrote:

> latest cvs with gtk+ 1.2.3 seems to be unhappy when trying to turn the
> rulers back on after disabling them, giving the following errors.. the
> calls look very simple, so im gathering this is a gtk+ bug. can someone
> who knows gtk internals confirm that this is in fact a gtk problem and
> make sure its known?
>
> Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkwidget.c: line 1592 (gtk_widget_map): assertion
> `GTK_WIDGET_VISIBLE (widget) == TRUE' failed.
>
> Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkwidget.c: line 1592 (gtk_widget_map): assertion
> `GTK_WIDGET_VISIBLE (widget) == TRUE' failed.
>
> Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkwidget.c: line 1592 (gtk_widget_map): assertion
> `GTK_WIDGET_VISIBLE (widget) == TRUE' failed.

This is pretty strange. That code is some magic voodo i stole from the
gimp. I looked at the latest gimp code
(in gimp/app/command.c:view_toggle_rulers_cmd_callback), and it hadn't
changed.

Does the same happend with the newest gimp too?

I currently have gtk+ 1.2.1 and i don't see this problem. I'll go look at
the gtk changelog to see what can be the cause of this.

/ Alex