Dia prints that error if the document is not a valid XML file (ie.
openning and closing tags don't match or the <?xml ...?> header is
missing).  Looking at your code, the only thing I see that could cause
this is this line:
    print qq{    <dia:object type="UML - Class" version="0" id="O},$i-1,qq{">
        <dia attribute name="obj_pos">
          <dia:point val="$x,$y"/>
        </dia:attribute>

This is probably supposed to say "<dia:attribute" rather than
"<dia attribute".  See if this helps.

James.

--
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]