Maybe having get_attr, set_attr and list_attr methods for objects would be
a good idea.  For most shapes, these would be enough to build up the
properties box for the shape, and would allow you to create a properties
box to set attributes on multiple objects (of course, some of the UML
shapes will always need their own property dialogs, as they are quite
complex).

This would also be useful for language bindings and scripting support for
dia, which would be a nice addition (for instance, it may be possible to
build skeleton code from a UML diagram through a few scripts if we could
script dia).

James.

--
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]