Hi
 I finally picked up dia .81 yesterday, and am suitibly impressed. You guys
should have better PR - I thought it was basically a sketch program. How wrong
I was.
 I checked the archives, and it looks like the bulk of the discussion is
drawing/graphically oriented.  My interest is more in Object Modelling, and
there doesn't seem to be much discussion on that, so I thought I'd try to bring
myself up to speed.
 Obviously, at some stage the ability to generate code/SQL etc out of the
models is desired.  Is the basic philosophy that this will be done as a part of
the core program, or is the idea that this will be done by utilities that parse
the XML output of the main engine?  My guess is that you could get more mileage
out of the latter, as it is much more flexible.
 Given that, there are a couple quesitons:
-is there a DTD available or in progress?
-is the XML handling sufficiently modular that the program itself can serve as
the basis of an XML handling lib (I'll investigate this, but bootstrapping help
is welcome)
- if not, is there an XML parser that people are using? This looks like a
great opportunity to finally get to know the IBM XML/Java stuff.

thanks for a great program

Doug Kelly
[EMAIL PROTECTED]