On Tue, Apr 11, 2000 at 05:27:46PM -0500, Scot E. Wilcoxon wrote:
> > This mailing-list is intentionally set up so that non-subscribers can
> > post. This is done so we won't lose any bug reports etc.
>
> How about a separate dia-list-public or dia-list-report list which is
> open, and those who want it can subscribe to both lists?  Or a moderator
> could copy over the non-spam...or have spam filters which block possible
> spam until the moderator approves it.

Is it really that hard for you to hit "d" for now?  Setting up an alternate
list is, first and foremost, going to confuse new users.  I for one don't
think this deserved because very low amounts of spam are coming through.

About all you can do is make sure the server is subscribed to the anti-spam
serves (MAPS RBL, and maybe ORBS) and hope for the best, but that's not
perfect, and neither is anything else out there.

--
The 5 year plan:
In five years we'll make up another plan.