On Wed, 31 May 2000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I wanted to let you know what features Dia lacks, that has just forced me
> to decide to go back to Xfig.

Well, here's something that may get you back here again:

> - Default object settings
>
> I should be able to say, "From now on, all my text should be size '.5'
> (and what does this size number mean, anyway) " rather than changing
> every object.

Double click the button in the toolbox and it'll pop up a defaults dialog.

> - Settings for complex objects
>
> I should be able to get at things like the padding on flowchart objects.
> By the time I type "begin" in a circle, I've taken up half the page.

Same thing, double click the 'circle' tool.  For the Flowchart maintainer:
It ought to be possible to define an 'aspect ratio' or something, so a long
text gives an ellipse rather than a circle.

The default settings ought to be saved, btw.  In fact, a lot of state ought
to be saved.

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause) | Hårdgrim of Numenor
"I do not agree with a word that you say, but I    | Retainer of Sir Kegg