On 1 Jun 2000, Lars Clausen wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > I just checked in a fix for the new beziergon.  It now works correctly
> > with respect to undo, so is pretty much complete.  I also fixed up the
> > menu code to work with plain gtk menus (which I broke when doing the
> > recent menu modifications).  After a few more fixes, I thought I would
> > make a new release.
> >
> > What do others think about this?
>
> We need to make *absoltely* sure that it compiles under various common
> setups before a new release.  ./autogen.sh fails in the newest CVS on

Well, people compiling from tarballs never see this side of things, so it
is not so important for a release (remember -- for tarballs, all the
autoconf, automake, gettext and libtool stuff is included, so those
packages are not required on your system to build it), but if there are
problems, then they should be fixed.

> aclocal: configure.in: 109: macro `AM_PATH_GDK_PIXBUF' not found in library
>
> even though I have gdk-pixbuf 0.7.0 installed.  And relatedly:  The
> autogen.sh script doesn't seem to stop on errors -- if ./configure fails,
> it still says "Now type 'make' to compile dia" at the end:)

Is gdk-pixbuf installed under the same prefix as automake?  If not, have
you set the ACLOCAL_FLAGS environment variable appropriately?  If you
installed gdk-pixbuf under /usr/local and automake is under /usr (as it is
for the packages for most linux distros), then you would do the following:
  ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I /usr/local/share/aclocal"
  export ACLOCAL_FLAGS

I have 0.7.0 installed, and have no problems with it.  The problem with
autogen not stopping on errors occurs with just about every program in
CVS.  It should probably also be fixed.

> Not good.
>
> -Lars

James.