> From: Herman Bruyninckx [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> > huh? Do you mean the integration of the front-end and the
> back-end (which
> > backend? ;-).
> >
> I mean that Dia can only work with GTK, and that you find code where
> abstract functionality (which could be used without graphical
> display in
> mind) is mixed with GTK calls. At least, this was my _impression_ from

How would you create a diagram without some kind of graphical display? (ncurses?) Or
are you preferring Motif or Qt?

> reading through the code; hopefully I am wrong, but I miss
> time and a good
> documentation to help me understand everything correctly :-)

The DIA core functionality (diagram, layers, objects, renderer) is mostly GTK+-free
AFAIK.
There is a special renderer that creates displays (views) for GTK+. The visual part is
(of course) GTK+-based.

Arjan