Hi,

This is the same Problem I reported in bug #17325
I had a quick look into lib/dia_xml.c and it seems the locale is set to C
when the diagram is saved but stays the same on load.
The problem then might be the different meaning of the decimal
seperators ',' and '.' in different languages.

Hmm, the commit introducing this feature was (from the ChangeLog):

jamesh   May 9 09:12   2000-05-09 James Henstridge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

* lib/dia_xml.c: you can't free a const pointer, so remove const
from variable definitions.

Explicitely set LC_NUMERIC where needed, as sometimes it isn't
initialised correctly.

* app/render_svg.c (export_svg): set locale to C.

* app/paginate_psprint.c (paginate_psprint): set locale to C.

* app/render_eps.c (export_eps): set locale to C for EPS export.

* lib/dia_xml.c (data_add_real): change to C locale for snprintf call.
(data_add_point): same here.
(data_add_rectangle): same here.
(data_real): use g_strtod to convert strings to real numbers, so that
locales are taken into account.
(data_point): same here.
(data_rectangle): same here.

On 26 Jul 2000, Sebastien ESTIENNE wrote:

> I've a strange bug, i'm french, and i use gnome helix.
> When i set french in the default language of gnome:
> if i launch dia in a term, everything is ok, but when i launch it
> whith the gnome menu or the "run" menu in the the gnome menu.
> In this situation, if i open a file, i get a lot of little windows
> that pop up saying "couldn't parsing point" after few seconds and a
> lot of these windows the schema finally appears but it's totaly wrong.
>
> This bug doesn't happen when i'm in english lenguage, or when i launch
> dia in a xterm.

 Cheers, Martin.

  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  http://www.hawlisch.de

  \ /  ASCII ribbon campaign | I'm a .signature virus!       |
   X   against HTML mail     | Copy me into your ~/.signature|
  / \  and postings          | to help me spread!            |