This is a followup on the previously reported bug:

After finally having time to look into this bug in more detail, I
realized I made an error in my diagnosis. The bug is not related at all
with transfering the file to a vfat partition and back. I had created
some custom XML shapes and used those shapes in the drawing file.
Sometime between creating those XML shapes and re-opening the drawing
file, approximately a day or two, I had to recreate my user home
directory due to some other experimenting, which deleted those custom
shapes in Dia. When I tried to re-open the file it would only crash with
no warning message that those shapes were missing in the user home
directory. Now that a correct diagnosis to the problem can be applied, a
solution can be found. A recommendation would be to have the program
load the file and pop up a window with a list informing the user which
shapes and images were not found or corrupt in the program with maybe a
line number so that it may be easy to troubleshoot the drawing file with
a text editor.

I hope that I haven't caused you to grow gray hairs over the previous
misdiagnosis. I can only offer my appologies to you. I look forward to
the next release of this exciting software. Take care and be well!

Bill Page  =8^)