>hmm.  how do you expose c++ objects to lisp?
Is Dia implemented in C++? I have to be honest I havent even looked at the source, its
been on my list of things to do for a while.  Ive got a couple of weeks holiday coming
up soon and had intended to have a look at it to see if I could use it on a project I
have coming up, while Im doing that I might see if Ive got any ideas on adding scheme
support.

>seems like python would be much easier to implement.
Ive nothing against Python, it is a very nice language. I use it for a number of shell
scripts, though more for the sake of using it than anything else.  I was just
wishfully thinking for a more hetrogenous world where I could concentrate on
developing my skills in a few core areas, and I like (sensible) standards.

As I mentioned above I am considering the use of Dia in a project at work as one facet
of a front end to a plethora of backend applications and tools.  Unfortunatly I have
two obsticles, persuade them that GPL is good, and that of quality conformance.

The first issue is not about commercial reasons, (we do not produce commercial
software) rather than security.  Obviously we could keep our extensions hidden from
the world, but that sort of defeats the idead.

The second is probably the more important, we have very strict quality standards that
all 'delverable' software must conform too.  Not that I am suggesting that the code is
bad quality, its just if it is decided that the code would have to be reviewed it
would add to the timescales, thereby making other options more attractive.

Anyway, after sitting silently on this list for a month now I think two emails from me
as wore me out so without further ado,

Cheerio,

Vic

PS My thanks to everyone who has contributed to Dia.