Hi,

I'm interested in a richer Entity shape, one with more properties, and
I'm trying to understand what's involved.

I read doc/custom-shapes and the list archive.  It's encouraging that I
can add new shapes, but it seems like new properties are a lot more work
and will require at least some knowledge of the gtk.

What I want to know is:  Does every shape with a new property set need
its own GUI support and gui<->buffer<->file code, or is there some
generalized notion/effort to have property buffers (and their
GUI representations) dervived from the XML shape definition file?  If
every distinct property set needs its own supporting code, how big a
deal is that?  500 lines?  5000?

Does the gtk support defining/creating dialogs at runtime?  This would
of course be a necessary feature if the shape definition were to drive
the property set that the dialog had to manage.

It seems to me that user-defininable shape attributes would be (are?) a
big feature that no other drawing tool has.

--jkl