On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, Hubert Figuiere wrote:

> On jeudi, mars 22, 2001, at 08:25 , Lars Clausen wrote:
>

>> My officemate suggested allowing multiple object fields in a shape,
>> using TAB to cycle between them.  Some objects with multiple pieces of
>> text could also use that.  I think it sounds like a good idea, but it'll
>> need some infrastructure (certainly not for the upcoming release).  Any
>> problems with this?
>
> The same way, I have thought of multiple shapes for an object. For
> example you could have a "computer" object and a choice of different
> shapes for different models. Since they are supposed to have the same
> diagram properties it seems to be logical.

Well, these fields (text fields was what I meant) would all be visible at
the same time.  He's doing lambda diagrams, where he'd want to do something
like

     _
    / \      B<-A
       \
        \
       / \
      /   \
     /     \ A->B

Both of these text fields should be a normal text object (the Lambda should
be a read-only text object, but we can't get the Symbol font to print
correctly) that can be edited seperately.  Since we're not using the TAB
key for anything, I think this would be useful.  Also useful for
things like UML Small Package or Component that contains several text
fields already, but where you have to open Properties to edit them.

Problem is that the object would require to get the keypresses, or somehow
tell the system about the multiple text fields.

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause) | Hårdgrim of Numenor
"I do not agree with a word that you say, but I    | Retainer of Sir Kegg