The Second Access 2 Knowledge conference being held at Yale Law School has
been most interesting for me from several points of view-- just to name a
few.. I did not expect that the world of academia had changed so much in a
couple decades.. from the times I studied in Cambridge, MA when even
supporting United Nations from outside the US perspective seemed a bit
radical, I heard some of the finest intellectual arguments why the US
understanding of freedom of expression, IP, trade etc was perhaps among the
most limited in its understanding..

Including in some of the debates that the social movements in India are
passionately engaged in, some of the most fascinating arguments were brought
up at the conference. It seemed that the debate from the point of view of
what should be than what is and dissecting "what is" from the point of view
of where we would like to be heading.

The efficient posting of all the deliberations on the net through wiki was
very encouraging and can be accessed through the following URL:

http://research.yale.edu/isp/a2k/wiki/index.php/Broadband_WiFi_in_Developing_Countries#Satish_Jha