From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 08 July 2008 10:52 PM
To: digitaldivide@digitaldivide.net
Subject: Re: [DDN] Introductions what we do and how we contribute
toclosedigital divide

Looks like Project EDUCATE is doing some pretty good work in Africa.

Do you know of any organization that seeks to aggregate information
about
the different organizations working throughout different countries but
with
similar purposes?  In Chicago I've been building a knowledge center,
with
information related to volunteer-based tutoring/mentoring programs
throught
the city.  You can view this at http://www.tutormentorconnection.org and
see how we act as an connector, trying to help the programs connect and
learn from each other, while trying to connect volunteers and donors
with
programs throughout the city, rather than with just the single program
we
operate in one neighborhood.

I've been contacted by groups from Africa often in the past few years,
each
asking for help in one way or another. I've always suggested that
someone
create a hub, connecting the different programs, and showing where they
are
located, so that the programs themselves might work together to draw
needed
resources to Africa, then to all of the different programs.

Is anyone doing this that you know of?

Dan Bassill
Tutor/Mentor Connection
Cabrini Connections