Hi All,

I have been reading with great interest the introductions and the description
of the work the
members of the list are doing.

I would like to describe a project which I initiated in 1998 and ran until 2005.
( I am semi- retired by now.)
I believe some members of the group are familiar with my project by now, but
for the sake of those who are not, I would like to take this opportunity to say
a few words.
The project is -the Intergenerational Connection: Preserving Heritage in a
Technological World.
In this programme children ages 9-16 tutor Seniors at Internet and computer
skills and listen to a chapter in the senior's life, as presented by the senior
they tutor.
Together they scan albums,letters, documents, books, and search the internet.
Together they write a computerized version of the specific chapter in the life
of the senior, and upload it to the Net.

Over the years I developed an entire curriculum and wrote graded ( 3) workbooks
and very detailed guide books.
I implemented the program in more than a hundred schools in Israel.

I am very interested in knowledge preservation in general and  in the digital
era in particular.
I am right now in the process of developing now( I am only in the initial
stages) another project which has to do with the problem of knowledge
preservation on the professional scene.

If interested you could read more about the Intergenerational Connection on the
net, at
http://www.acm.org/ubiquity/views/e_aphek_1.html

If interested in my views about the Children of the Information Age, please
read-
http://www.acm.org/ubiquity/views/e_aphek_1.html

Best wishes
Prof.Edna Aphek