I am not sure I understand either. But we should be hesitant of jumping to
too many conclusions, at least just yet. Tim is clearly an intellectual
force capable of jumping over boundaries most of us cannot even see let
alone jump over. We should ask Mr. Tim Berners Lee (TBL)to be more specific
and to answer those basic questions..

For example I cannot really understand how his social networking tools would
work--how is what described below different from a listserv or an affinity
group that forms. I think that he wants to develop a system independent of
the way we humans naturally like to communicate--mimicking in the online
world what happens in the so called real world.
If that is the case how can we trust that the machines and the artificial
intelligence networks will not use highly personal information against us?
Because one of the reasons we communicate in these patterns is precisely
because we want to be cautious about information closest to us.

Surely someone as brilliant as TBL can provide some more concrete answers
and examples to help us ordinary folk out.

Relevant Quote below

"It’s also helping build powerful social networking tools --
friend-of-a-friend networks in which people write a little bit about
themselves as metadata, and connections get formed based on this
information. “Who knows what sort of Google will be built on top of this
stuff,” Berners-Lee wondered. Computers will be able to browse the Web and
find what we’re looking for based on what they know about our needs and the
descriptive metadata they find on relevant websites. “A human being browse
the Web? That will be a little old fashioned,” he joked. "

Are we heading for a situation where the web browses human beings?
Good idea for a science fiction story perhaps but we are not ready for that
yet TBL I dont think..