try http://www24.brinkster.com/alexweir/UniPoll/index.asp

which is a 'post-your-own-questions' open global voting system,
 where the answer is not a simple yes or no, but a grey-scale 1 thru 9.

This kind of functionality can be very useful if the town meeting
moderator(s)
   can set concise questions(s)

Although strictly speaking there is no private-group facility
 on this/my site at the moment, it can be used as such, especially
 if the actual question is only available on the email or web group
  and a reference only to the question number is posted on the
   UniPoll site as above..  Also setting, polling and closing the question
     quickly (within 1 day or several hours) increases the assurance that
      all responses are from your group and not from passing strangers.

The source code for this site is simple asp3 and the database is
  microsoft access 2000. I can make both available if for any good cause.

Mr Alex Weir, Contract Software Developer,
Harare, Zimbabwe.
tel +263-4-301 047 and +263 23 824 045 (mob)
http://www24.brinkster.com/alexweir/
global roving email mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
instant messenger: [EMAIL PROTECTED]