As a small clarification:

Andy wrote:
> (You could also just download it to your computer, but that's not
> as cool or tragically hip as listening to it on your iPod). So rather
> than visiting someone's blog to listen to their audio program, my
> computer captures the audio file automatically and downloads it, so the
> next time I'm commuting on the train or whatever, I can listen to it.

That, I think, is the key point in podcasting.  You listen away from
your computer, usually while doing something else. This is (one
reason) why podcasting took off and videoblogging hasn't.

And you needn't be tragically hip. There are many mp3 players out
there, some built into jumpdrives and costing as little as $30.  You
can give every kid in a media program an mp3 player that also stores
all their digital photos and written work. Is that a cheap enough
platform for you?

Best
Dave

--