This is really, really amazing, Taran. I've been lurking for the most part on the tsunamihelp volunteers list, and I'm in awe at the dedication by you and everyone else in getting the job done.

One question for you about the ARC system - if I understand it, the system will let anyone send an SMS to a particular phone number, then it will forward the message to all appropriate parties. Users would have to pay their mobile provider's rate for international SMS messages, assuming they charge more for international texting. If that's the case, would it be possible to set up national nodes so that a person in Sri Lanka could send their SMS to a Sri Lankan number while a person in Indonesia would send theirs to an Indonesian number, etc?

congratulations on the great work - keep it up but try to get some rest as well! :-)

andy

Taran Rampersad wrote:
If the information in the following link seems slightly familiar - it
may be. It's a project that got into production in less than 2 hours
after we got the right people together - which took 72 hours.

http://www.knowprose.com/node/1145

This is what can be done. This is action.

-- ----------------------------------- Andy Carvin Program Director EDC Center for Media & Community acarvin @ edc . org http://www.digitaldivide.net Blog: http://www.andycarvin.com ----------------------------------- _______________________________________________ DIGITALDIVIDE mailing list DIGITALDIVIDE@mailman.edc.org http://mailman.edc.org/mailman/listinfo/digitaldivide To unsubscribe, send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the body of the message.