As a user of screen reader software I would prefer plain text messages.
However, I agree with the idea that those outside of the US and Europe or
those without email clients should have the ability to participate in the
DDN discussions.

Is there a way to create a page on the DD.net site where those with html
only email can use to send there contributions.  If the form page is setup
to only accept text wouldn't  this be able to submit plaintext only to the
list. Therefore plain text  could still be the accepted format  and the
majority of users will have the ability to contribute.

The exception will be those with email    only access.

Thomas