Dear Laura,

Many african countries are known to waive imports duties and other taxes.

Nico Ntumba
Director
Tumbay Consulting Ltd
E-mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Laura Breeden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
One problem with donating computers for overseas
use is that shipping, and sometimes import
duties, can be prohibitively expensive. Any
ideas or workarounds for that problem from the
list?

cheers,
Laura

At 11:59 PM -0800 1/20/05, Nic Ntumba wrote:

>It is an excellent idea to mobilize schools and
>businesses to donate their old PCs and other IT
>equipments to developing countries schools.
>
>I do know here in London a such ONG which is
>very successful to recycle thousands of PCs for
>26 african countries schools.
>

>Nico Ntumba
>Director
>Tumbay Consulting Ltd
>
>Destiny Africa wrote:
>Phil,
>Thanks for the info.Destiny Africa would be
>interested in these Comps for schools here in
>Kenya. Looking forward to the donations.
>
>George
>

>Destiny Africa
>P.O. Box 30852 - 00100
>Tel. 254 - 20-313588 \ 310286\ 310729