Further to the discussions here on DDN about Blogs and RSS I wondered how to make this technology easily applicable for poor communities.
I wondered, would it be possible for, say Street Kids in the slums of Jakarta, to bridge the divide - to have this technology available for their news as well - or is this a technology that would remain out of reach for some time to come.

With MicroAid we'd already done the hard work of making a system that street kids can use to make their own newsletters and print out or send by email. After a bit of thought we then made those same newsletters available in RSS too without them having to do any extra work.

All is revealed here in my 'blog' on DDN: http://www.digitaldivide.net/blog/tobyberesford/view?PostID=1757

If you are using bloglines or similar (www.bloglines.com) and are interested in how local communities are using technology to tell their own stories, then please do add Griya's newsletter to your list of RSS feeds. http://www.griya-asih.microaid.net/rss.php?type=news

Thanks

Toby

--
Empowered by MicroAid <http://www.microaid.net>