Dear Colleagues,

I have been searching for a Content Management Software, which can easily
handle both images and text.

In particular, I wish to create a website/electronic library, where
publications can be added, displayed and rearranged by their coverpages,
similar to as one sees on a (physical) bookshelf or in a bookstore.

I understand there are some Open Source applications such as GreenStone.org
(developed by UNESCO) and I have also seen commercial websites such as Amazon
and e-Bay arranging their products (both text and images) in a manner of
bookshelf.

But are there any off-the-shelf software / CMS applications that can easily be
customized to create a virtual book shelf?

Any pointers, suggestions will be most useful.

Best regards,
Vikas

Vikas Nath
Manager, global public goods Network (gpgNet) Forum
United Nations Development Programme
Inlaks Scholar (2000-1), London School of Economics, UK
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]