Njideka/Don Samuelson and all list members

Ref. Don wrote:
.... These types of efforts....really could use some support from the mainsteam U. S. public technology interests..... Would hope that Pam's efforts could connect to that of Njideka, and become a critical mass for the help of former Peace Corps Volunteers and others with interests in Nigeria and West Africa.

CawdNet is always ready to explore win-win collaborations. We believe we have a lot to offer potential supporters and/or partners - but as John Hibbs pointed out we have not yet set up a mechanism for press releases and publicity to promote our work and attract support. If you, Don, or any of your ex-Peace Corps volunteers, or others with interests in Nigeria, wish to get more actively involved in our work we would welcome closer links with you.

Because the main thrust of CawdNet's work is about sharing information, we are able to give good feedback to supporters/partners. This is very unusual amongst community development programmes in rural Nigeria, which, by definition, are usually beyond the boundaries of effective communication.

CawdNet has established VSAT communication links at two rural locations. The locations are Fantsuam Foundation's Community Learning Centre (at Bayan Loco, Kafanchan, in Kaduna State, North Central Nigeria, where Hausa is the main language) and the Oke-Ogun Community Development Network Information Centre (at Ago-Are in Oyo State, where Yoruba is the local language). We would welcome links with Njideka's project (especially as it is in Eastern Nigeria where as yet we are not active).

For further information regarding potential links with CawdNet please visit the CawdNet Notes blog to see copies of a letter I recently wrote to someone planning to visit us
Meeting at "the UK office" - what to expect. <http://cawdnetnotes.blogspot.com/2005/02/meeting-at-uk-office-what-to-expect.html>
and a contribution to a recent SocialEdge discussion list<> Feedback for funders <http://cawdnetnotes.blogspot.com/2005/02/feedback-for-funders.html>

I look forward to hearing more from Don, Njideka and any other list members who might like to explore collaborations with CawdNet. Please feel free to forward this email to any others who might find it of interest.

Pam

Pamela McLean
CawdNet  convenor

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 266.3.0 - Release Date: 21/02/2005