Bravo, Andy.

I write this from Accra, Ghana, where in 10 minutes I help launch a two-day
conference for some 80 Africans of various sub-Saharan nations interested in
harnessing the new technologies for education.

Our emphasis will be on ""appropriate technology.

The notion of äppropriate" technology," the term identified with the late E.
Schumacher, is the key to your message. Whether walking, or biking, or
motorcycling, or automobiling is the "best"vtechnology is a pointless and
misleading discussion: technology needs to be chosen for its fit to the
situation it is designed to improve.

Steve Eskow
[EMAIL PROTECTED]