Hola All~~ Yes, this is great good news and I know the DDN will grow more and
more as time goes by.  I have been on the DDN Discussion List for a few years
now.  We should know that behind and beneath the digital divide is the
continued economic gap between the rich and the poor, the 'haves' and the
'have-nots.  I try to remind people in my Online Groups that we must combine
our continued work with our own real life communities offline.  We must not
become just online activists sitting down and must still be personally involved
in helping others in our own personal lives through progressive groups and
individuals.  ~~Brother Peter / Sacramento

Dan Bassill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Andy,

This is great, but how many of the 7,000 are on-line at the same time, or
during a single week? This is an army if we can find ways to mobilize even
half of this list to work collectively and consistently to connect those who
can help with those who need help throughout the world.

Daniel F. Bassill
Tutor/Mentor Connection
www.tutormentorconference.bigstep.com

4/21/05 11:30 AM, Jim Vines at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi Andy,
> As one who for the most part remains on the sidelines, I congratulate you and
> DDN for nurturing this forum. Installing large satellite antennas in central
> America, the Carribbean and in Nigeria (early 80's throuhg the early 90's) I
> made many longtime friendships and maintain contacts to this day.
> Jim Vines [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

> Andy Carvin wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> Exciting news - DDN reached 7000 members this morning. Our 7000th member
> hails from Ethiopia, which is emblematic of DDN's increasingly
international nature. Currently just over 50% of members are from
outside the US, representing 117 countries.

Thanks to everyone who's been spreading the word about DDN - we couldn't
have grown so fast without you. And for those of you new to the group,
welcome!

> thanks,
> ac

Fight Back Against Amerikan Fascism!
Brother Peter S. Lopez ~~ Field Coordinator
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sacramento, Califas, USA
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HumaneRightsAgenda/
http://groups.msn.com/CASAHOMEPAGE