I recently held a meeting that had the purpose of generating ideas on how to
improve the work of the Regional Medical Library I am part of - how to work
better with community groups and develop programs to meet their needs. To do
this, I turned to "Café to Go" and found it a very useful tool.
http://www.theworldcafe.com/cafetogo.pdf (More at
http://www.theworldcafe.com/index2.html ) DDN member Teresa Hartman
http://www.digitaldivide.net/profile/thartman assisted me in the planning and
facilitation of this meeting, along with another medical librarian who is
heavily involved in community outreach. I found that the planning process of
Café to Go made all the difference in how this meeting went compared to a
previous meeting I held with this group. We ended up having a small group, and
so did not follow the exact steps of the process, which is developed for larger
groups (at least 12), but the conversation was amazing. Ideas galore came from
the group. And everyone stayed longe!
 r than I expected, and all said how glad they were to come. I felt like it was
a huge success, and am happy to share this process with you!

Siobhan Champ-Blackwell
Community Outreach Liaison
NN/LM-MCR
Creighton University Health Sciences Library
2500 California Plaza
Omaha, NE 68178
402.280.4156/800.338.7657 option#1,#2, then #1
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://nnlm.gov/mcr
http://medstat.med.utah.edu/blogs/BHIC/
http://www.digitaldivide.net/profile/siobhanchamp-blackwell